Plumber, Chippie or Electrician?

hazelthecat, Apr 8, 11:06am
I want to move a laundry from its present position to the garage under the house. There is already power, h & c water and drainage in the location but will need cabinetry, new taps and an extra power point.
I will put the job on Builder's Crack. My question is who should be the prime contractor?
TIA

jkp58, Apr 8, 11:39am
which ever one wants to arrange the other trade or you could being such a small job for both trades. Ask plumber if he will fit new cabinet other wise you will need one more tradie

johotech, Apr 8, 1:04pm
Often the easiest is just to get a builder to arrange everything with the tradespeople they usually work with.
It won't necessarily be the cheapest, but it will save you a lot of trouble and possibly arguments as well. Particularly if you have no experience arranging work like this.

elect70, Apr 8, 1:10pm
If get a builder to do whole job & 1 account he will put 20% mark up on the other trades work & bill you accordingly .

hazelthecat, Apr 8, 1:38pm
Thanks Electro I was not aware of this. I will contact the trades individually starting with an electrician.
Thanks all.

boby11, Nov 28, 3:57pm
Go to M10Mega and buy a new complete cabimet and install it yourself then get a plumber in to do the taps and drainage