Rechroming old telescopic window stays!

bluecat1529, Jan 13, 7:34pm
Has anybody had anything similar rechromed? I,m trying to decide if it’s worth doing or should we just butt new ones. There are about 14 that need doing

zak410, Jan 13, 8:04pm
Yes worth doing if you like their shape. Not very costly to have done. Plus they will screw back straight away at the same spot.

bluecat1529, Jan 13, 9:27pm
Thanks Zak. have you got any idea of what the cost would be?

zak410, Jan 13, 10:59pm
No, it was quite a while ago I got stuff polished and electroplated but I was surprised how economical it was. Ask for estimate/quote.

sophia4, Jan 18, 3:20pm
As Zak said, get a quote. However I looked into getting table legs redone & thought the cost was way too much.

supernova2, Jan 19, 12:08am
Another thing to consider is how worn out are they to start with. I've had to replace a few where the pivots have broken or the restraining system no longer works 'cause some hamfistted yobbo has bent or broken it and so on. On the other hand new ones are damm expensive and rubbish quality compared to what you probably have.

bluecat1529, Jan 10, 9:58am
I got a quote from an electroplating place and they said $40-45sh each! I can good quality ones for about $50 each so will be going that way naturally