Battery lawn mowers

moppy26, Sep 11, 12:53pm
Has anyone brought a battery lawn mower and how good are they? I am considering buying one, spent some time looking at a Ego one yesterday.

pasadena1, Sep 12, 8:14pm
I have a Bosch and it is great - no more mucking around with extension leads like with the old electric one I had, and lighter and quieter than a petrol mower.

koru67, Sep 13, 8:05am
My sister has a Ryobi. The reason she has a battery one is she believes she could not start a battery one with her bad back. Anyway works good, but undersized for her 1/4 acre section. Has to recharge the battery to do a complete mow (or buy a 2nd battery at $$$). So slower and she never seems to catch up with the mowing. But I would say if you had a smaller section they would be a good option.

captaingraham, Sep 13, 8:11am
I have an Ozito, bought in Aus from Bunnings. Two 4amp hour batteries and a 3 year warranty. The batteries also fit the weed wacker and hedge trimmer. Mower is fairly light but does the job for me.

friendly_prawn, Sep 13, 8:14am
Can I ask, what model it is? What size battery? Or perhaps what price. Was it a cheapo or an expensive one? . Im just wondering how well the cheap ones work?

moppy26, Sep 14, 10:33am
Have you had the Bosch mower longer than a year also the person with the Ozito, have you had yours longer than a year. Also are the models made of plastic?

captaingraham, Sep 14, 2:51pm
Ozito. 18 months now, still going strong.

john7891, Sep 16, 4:26pm
Bought wife a Stihl when on special (free battery) Goes vey well but a bit expensive. Son has an EGO from Mitre 10 and his wife is very happy with it.
If I was looking at full price for Stihl would probably go with Ego.

shione, Sep 23, 3:10am
We had a key start mower years ago, problem was our property was too small to recharge the battery and between uses it would drain. Ended up pulling the battery out and using the pull start.as I said this was years ago . like maybe 26 haha that old thing still goes like a dream tho and so easy to start . think I wandered off the original post . sorry 😂