Lebanese zucchini - anyone got any seed for sale?

dibble35, Sep 28, 7:38pm
Yes you read that right, lebanese zucchini rather than lebanese cucumber. I've been growing this variety for the last 4-5 years and love it, but this year there is no seed available from yates, Mr Fothergills, Kings. I did inquire and they gave some excuse - new rules brought in, none able to be imported this year. So has anyone got any seed left over they could sell me please? I've looked everywhere i can think of for it. Thanks

jan2242, Sep 28, 9:49pm

dibble35, Sep 29, 4:38am
Just had an email from yates saying they are no longer doing lebanese zucchini, yet as you said they are still listed on their website. Bunnings stock Mr Fothergills and I know for a fact their are none in my local bunnings - been there 3? times lately to have a look. But I have had good news. Lady from Mr Fothergills emailed me again today and said they were able to get some into the country in time for this seasons planting after all, and they should be available in a week or 2, so yay! It was worth emailing the companies to find out. And I must say the customer service from Mr Fothergills is far superior to Yates. Know where ill be buying my seed from now on

gram, Sep 29, 4:43am
Can't save seed from your next crop .? Are they hybrids.?

Are they better flavour than usual zucchinis.?

sailor13, Sep 29, 4:45am
Try Kings seeds or Egmont seeds they both have them.

dibble35, Oct 2, 1:02am
I like the flavour, but its more that they dont ramble everywhere like normal zucchini plants, grow more as a bush.

dibble35, Sep 14, 11:55am
Ive looked on both their websites, neither of them have them.