Rate for lawn mowing with a ride on.

sandymae, Dec 4, 7:45pm
Our neighbour has asked us if we could mow his holiday house 1 acre very overgrown lawns. The house has a manager but the lawns haven't been done for many months and now the grass is up to the knees! We spent last night for 3 hours with 2 rideons, also a third person picking up cabbage tree leaves. Have managed to do the flat area, but now have to tackle the top sloping bit. Has anyone any idea just what price people charge for this!

tigra, Dec 4, 8:27pm
If its only a "oncer" and you used 2 ride-ons for 3 hours that alone would be around $70 per hour x 3 x 2. However if its going to be a regular job ( and easier the next time)and you want the work maybebe a bit relaxed but get a contract.

sandymae, Dec 4, 8:49pm
It's only a oncer! have enough lawns of our own to do. problem is no-one else will do them, they rent it out to tourists, so it's not a good look with Xmas bookings. Will do it this time only and then it;s up to the owners to try and sort their managers out.

quiz3, Dec 4, 10:06pm
Personally I don't think you should use a ride on for that area shown, looks rough and too long. A slasher mower would be better for the first mow and then perhaps your ride onthen mow it down on a regular basis.
Good luck.

sandymae, Dec 3, 1:19pm
Unfortunatly we are at Stewart Island, so nothing else available. It's not really our problem, just trying to get it tidied up for the owner. I did own this property years ago, and had a beauitful garden and lawns which i managed to do, but the people looking after it are young and don't seem to do lawns and gardens!