Soil type/conditioning for growing peppers

edelilla, Mar 31, 3:49am
Are there any pepper growers out there who can tell me what type of soil is best for growing peppers. I know it's too late to plant them now, but would like to prepare my soil over winter so I'm ready for Spring.

lythande1, Mar 31, 6:47pm
Same as tomatoes.

coop19, Apr 1, 2:33am
Peppers often will grow on for a much longer season than tomatoes outdoors. I grew a huge bell pepper in a sheltered spot a few years ago which lasted through two seasons. It was backed into concrete walled corner alcove, sheltered from the Sth & West & got the morning sun. That was here in the Waikato where we can get some serious frosts too. If you have a sheltered frost free area give a plant or two a go now. You would need to start with larger hardened off specimens now that we are into autumn though. Ooops, Just read that you are in Alexandria! You Might need to wait for next season.

coralsnake, Apr 1, 10:46am
I just dug holes and put in compost from The Warehouse as my composting heap was still 'working'. Afterwards topped up with Daltons All Purpose Fertiliser. Grew green bell peppers and poblanos.

edelilla, Feb 16, 3:17pm
Thanks, much appreciated.