Help needed to install range hood urgent !

raynz2, May 23, 10:51am
hey all, im in chch and all my eqc work is completed finally ! however the range hood in the kitchen has been removed and we bought a new one. you guessed it its doesn't fit ! the old rangehood has an old fitting that does not fit the new one in the roof and we could find an adapter either. does anyone know where I could get some one who could make or adjust the new hole and install the rangehood please or recommend anyone I need this done my house needs to go on the market in 2 weeks ! I cant find anyone willing to do it !

hawkeye30, May 23, 10:54am
Duno if this helps but mitre10 did have an adaptor for 100mm - 150mm when i worked there a year ago. Mite b worth giving them a ring in the morning :) Good luck.

raynz2, May 23, 11:20am
hi thanks have tried the fitting in the ceiling is rectangle and has a metal frame in the ceiling, this has to be removed as the new rangehoods are circular now ive been told this is the final job from years of waiting ! and I don't know who can do this

tintop, May 23, 6:51pm
It is a fairly basic job for a heating/ventilation sheet metal workshop.

Search for HVAC n Chch

http://christchurchsheetmetal.co.nz/

johotech, May 23, 7:37pm
You have to remove all the old ducting and fit all new. Chances are, that the old duct only vents into the ceiling space, which isn't legal.

Remove all the old stuff and have new ducting (probably 150mm dia) installed and to vent out the eaves/soffit or to a vent cap out through the roof. If it is on an outside wall it might be possible to go through the wall.

If you have a metal roof and can't get the duct to the eaves/soffit or it is too far away, then get a plumber to run it out through the roof. If the duct can be run to the soffit, then an electrician or a plumber should be able to do it.

All the duct and vents can be purchased at an electrical wholesaler or large hardware shop. You don't need to get anything made.

raynz2, May 23, 10:13pm
thanks for this info is there anyone from chch who can recommend someone to do this ?

ryanm2, May 24, 7:40pm
sounds like an annoying job. Try FIN sheetmetals , they may be able to help, there is a good hvac place on wairakei road, http://www.airflo.co.nz/ , they may have adaptors in stock. Where in chch are you?

raynz2, Jan 1, 4:49pm
in redwood I live in palmy the house to be listed 3rd june running out of time thanks for the helps people.