How 2 fix heated towel rail broken plastic straps?

beachboy61, May 7, 10:13am
I have an older style heated towel rail (Electro) which connects from the tubular heated towel rail to the wall support bracket by a plastic strip about 2mm thick x12mm wide).
Unfortunately I leant to hard on the towel rail and broke the top 2 plastic straps.
The rail still remains in place as it is held by the bottom support straps.
I've tried to buy replacement straps but they are not available so I'm thinking of using a clear heat resistant glue or tape to join the broken straps,
Any suggestions on how to repair or which glue or tape to use?.

harrislucinda, May 7, 10:55am
our 1,s were old and crisp broke when doing quake repairs
but brought a new pair at mitre 10 may be try them

johotech, May 7, 11:14am
There should be replacement metal straps available at hardware shops.

dinx, May 7, 1:13pm
Did the same to ours. I've just looked and it has metal now, I think DP made it from scraps in his shed, but basically its thin metal so I suspect they are available commerically.

johotech, May 7, 8:44pm

beachboy61, May 8, 8:03pm
My towel rail is an Electro which has a circular attachment to the wall not a Goldair which Johotech has indicated. They are very different.

Anyone know of a heat resistant tape or adhesive so that I can connect the two broken ends of my straps?

johotech, May 8, 9:18pm
Maybe you can post a photo then. It might not matter what the wall end looks like if the strap is the same size. The strap from the goldair bracket might be able to be used on your brackets.

ira78, Jan 14, 2:56pm
I replaced mine with zip ties as a temporary fix.

They've worked fine for the last 7-8 years.