"Plastic" guard strip on new saw blades,

solarboy, Feb 25, 4:32am
circular or straight, which prevents nasty cuts to digits from happening even before you get the blade home and fitted. What is it called and where is it available from - apart from on newly purchased blades of course !Anyone from Levin Sawmakers reading this, they may use it and can enlighten me !On the circ. saw blade I bought some time back it was a continual strip with each tooth encased in a small cup/pocket of the stuff.

ebygum1, Feb 25, 4:57am
Just use plastic hose,cut through one side only,place it over the teeth. The one you are describing is a hot bath wax type,you peel it off and throw it away.

knit1, Feb 25, 5:41am
pst I just put a new blade on my b n decker assume writing goes to outside, but looks like it will cut wrong way, guess I'll find out when I test it next week lol

budgel, Feb 25, 7:41pm
Surely you know which way the blade turns, (anti clockwise when looking at the nut on a right handed saw.) Make sure the teeth are facing that way.
I have seen some blades advertised here that had the writing on the 'back'!

solarboy, Feb 26, 1:00pm
You're quite right, I found a firm today which uses the wax and now know where it comes from, price etc. Your hose suggestion may be the go for the local usage .

trade4us2, Feb 26, 8:25pm
A tungsten carbide blade will cut in reverse, rather badly.

guest, Jun 2, 9:43am
Always refreshing to hear a rational ansewr.

guest, May 21, 10:55am
HYJzKZ yzoqdfpgksen