Curley leaf question.

ayjay1, Dec 1, 3:09am
We planted 3 plum trees a bout 2 yrs ago. One of them hasa bad dose of curly leaf. I have sprayed it with Copper Oxychloride but it doesn't seem to improve. Don't know why the others are okay because they are close by.
Am I doing the right thing !
Cheers
Alan

net_oz, Dec 1, 7:13am
Check to see if there are any bugs on the leaves. Wasting spray and time spraying with copper oxy'.

kateley, Dec 1, 8:10am
once the curly leaf shows up it's too late to spray.You need to use a copper spray before the leaves come back in late winter/early spring.

ayjay1, Dec 1, 8:32am
Thank you. I will check for the bugs and spray as you say. Cheers

sandy11, Dec 1, 10:36am
Try putting some Dolimite around the drip area.

angeldrawers, Dec 1, 10:19pm
Same thing for us. We planted a plum tree and next thing ya know, curly leaves. But on closer inspection and google as my friend, we found out that the bugs under the curled leaves (mainly aphids) were being harvested for the ladybugs. There was a heap of ladybug eggs and the parents had farmed the aphids so their young could eat them. Strange but true!

carter19, Dec 1, 11:28pm
I have been reading Wally Richards facebookpage and he has recommended spraying with Ocean Solids for this problem. I did this last week so have yet to see if it works but Wallys advise is usually pretty good. Ocean Solids was not expensive

katelin1, Dec 4, 3:17pm
Plums with curly leaves are caused by aphids - kill with an insecticide/oil.Peaches & nectarines with curly leaves is caused by the fungal disease called leaf curl - which can be controlled with copper and other fungicides.