Show me your pizza ovens? anyone?

Page 1 / 6
howgoodisit, Jan 5, 12:24pm
Looks good, more cheese on mine please :P
Got any progress pics of the oven! smoke fire etc : )

purplegoanna, Jan 6, 8:48am
Yip will load them when i get back from holiday, if there's something this campground needs it's a pizza oven! lol

purplegoanna, Jan 12, 5:30am
do you reckon i could sit mine on a U shape formation of 3 welded wire gabionrock filled baskets! ( i saw a bbq done like this while i was away) with the gap being at the front where the wood was stored!

howgoodisit, Jan 12, 10:35am
If there is anything a stonemason hates it is wire baskets filled with rocks!
They fail often too, the one down the road from me has spilled most of its rocks and looks like some sort of wire & rock dump site.

Just use cylinder blocks and either render it or veneer with stone. you could even tile it.
Plenty of easy options. that will do a better job and look better.

purplegoanna, Jan 14, 9:23pm
giggles 439947111

howgoodisit, Jan 14, 11:45pm
And i thought this one was bad :P 438411883

lindylambchops1, Jan 15, 2:04am

purplegoanna, Jan 15, 2:58am
hubby reckons it looks like a giant bird has crapt on a pile of bricks!

purplegoanna, Feb 5, 8:20am
teaching myself how to towel my mortar on.really sore arms! using muscles long forgotten but its the finaly layer so worth the effort.

brightlights60, Feb 6, 9:27am
On the right hand side under the hinged lid of the bench is a chest fridge with glass sliding top for keeping all the beer and wine cold. There is an all weather plug out there for the fridge and the stereo plus have put led lights in the front of the pizza oven at the bottom.
All of the materials used in the pizza oven have been recyled from the Christchurch earthquakes so its our own little memorial. We have been using it all Summer, its a really social thing, you sit around till late at night cooking pizzas, marshmellows, meat, chicken (have some neat old cast iron casserole pots we have picked up second hand, and keeping warm on cold nights around the fire. Wish we had built it years ago.

purplegoanna, Feb 6, 7:38pm
we had beer can chicken and pizza for dinner last night, a keeping my eyes open for a suitable cast iron pot so i can do a stew or bread in the heat left over.friend came for dinner shes amazed that its still warm this morning.gotta get mrpg onto building the frame now, have found a awesome supply of totara to make it with.like the poster above i wish id made one years ago.

brightlights60, Feb 7, 2:04am
We get such cool comments about ours, as its visible in the front yard as you walk up the drive. We have never used the front yard so much. We picked up our old cast iron casseroles in out of the way country places, in garage sales. Really heavey Dutch oven type pots. A chicken cooks in 20 minutes and is superb.Have picked up wooden paddles to serve the pizzas on through garage sales and old second hand shops as well.

purplegoanna, Feb 7, 2:53am
ive got some cool coloured tiles (end of lines) from the tile shop big 50x50 ones and hubbys going to make a wooden holder with handles for them to slot into so i can carry the cooked pizza to the table on and cut on, then take the tile out to clean.

purplegoanna, Feb 15, 6:26pm
well got my tables leg.20cm x 20cm x1m totara beams! this tablewont be going anywhere in a hurry.just gotta by the wood surrounds and wait for mrpg to weld together the secret base to hole the table together.

purplegoanna, Mar 1, 10:48pm
welding day.well part welding day.must do at least some work i suppose.

howgoodisit, Mar 31, 2:33am
That bench is awesome!
Nice work!

Im working on a big commercial oven at the moment. 1mtr floor space. should be pretty cool.

purplegoanna, Apr 1, 12:01am
WOW that is a big oven, funny how when you have a pizza oven all of a sudden everyone wants to come for dinner.lol

howgoodisit, Apr 3, 2:22am
That shouldn't matter. i had my landlord and family over last sunday. fed 8 people for less than $20
Bloody cheep if you have all herbs in the garden and a few tomato plants.

purplegoanna, Apr 3, 8:27am
it does when youve got as many friends as we have! lol nah its all good, we're all waiting for the next fine day/evening so we can fire it up again.sadly easters wild wet weather forcast isnt pizza oven weather.

purplegoanna, Apr 11, 3:19am
nice.had a gathering on sat evening and sparked the oven up.omg had the most amazing pizzas, been storing and freezing every tpping imaginable including homemade meatballs and it was so worth it.i now make enough dough to make a extra pizza that we cut into slice for cold lunch during the week,,,,,have to say i think im more partial to cold pizza than hot.the flavour seems to intensify.also while im at it i must share this recipe for a thin crust THE BEST pizza dough eva
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (not self raising eva) chilled
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
1 3/4 cups water, ice cold
(optional 1/4c parmesan cheese granules)
In a big bowl mix your dry then make a well and mix in your wet ingredients, then leaving mixture in the bowl use you hand to knead the mix by bringing/grabbing the outta edges into the middle and pressing down until all mixed in then (heres the trick) its must be refridgerated for upto 2 hrs (but you can leave it in the fridge for 3 days or freeze for 3months!), al you need to do to use it is take out 2hrs before you use it (longer if youve frozen it) and prove in a warm place then gently roll out on floured surface, using a rolling motion of your knuckles in a clenched fist to desired size (1/2 the mix makes one oven tray sized pizza or 1/4s make 4 nice family sized).its so easy and you dont have any dishes except the bowl you mixed it in and prooved it in. http://www.thefreshloaf.com/files/u13157/IMG_6123.jpghttp://thekeenancookbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/8-Kneed-dough.jpg http://www.pizzahomechef.com/files/3276133/uploaded/school/IMG_1596.jpg

purplegoanna, Apr 22, 9:10am
ruined a small piece of pork belly.but the dogs loved it.but managed some yummo pizzas and a mean feijoa & apple crumble.

koru67, Apr 22, 7:30pm
wow PG, that looks fantastic, great job !

purplegoanna, Aug 10, 12:02am
bump for dan.hope u get the info u require.

purplegoanna, Dec 1, 7:32pm
bump for jonno and co.the weathers perfect so good luck with the beginning of your build guys.dont forget we're top of the invite list when its finished

howgoodisit, Dec 4, 8:34pm
Yea, got any links to these "health hazards". i hear people talk about it yet i find no evidence on the internet.

I have asked this guy twice : Listing #: 427968758
Yet he never answers my questions. you would think that if there are "lots of court cases going on in the states" over this there would be some info out there !