Building Woes

Page 2 / 2
karlp2, Apr 21, 8:48am
The kink in the ridge flashing is because of ridge isn't straight. The silicon patch up job is a disgrace and as an earlier poster said will just give problems when the silicon breaks down in a couple or so years time.

masturbidder, Apr 21, 9:16am
So, who is the builder / franchise?

happychappy50, Apr 21, 9:17am
As someone who is in the "business" this poster has given really sound advice,gives BOTH parties some breathing space & the builder especially to think about his quality he is delivering/ or not & helps to diffuse the tension by letting him think without what he has delivered so far.If still not up to standard then take your next course,I would also suggest to keep it between yourself & the builder . Don't bring a 3 rd party along,if he dos'nt get the message & is not listening to you,then involve another party.He maybe sailing close to the wind financially & as a consequence trying some short cuts to save $$$$$,you have caught him out & shared that you are not happy,leave it up to him now then take the next course if it is needed.If he has any sense he will rectify this "crap" & you can both move on.I have been involved with something very similar & found the best way was to keep it harmonious.

All The best

takoyaki01, Apr 21, 9:32am
As residential builders this is just shocking! If you don't get anywhere you can go to MBIE to complain about the builder because they need to be an LBP, I'd complain to master builders and RANZ too. If they are a franchise you can complain to the franchisee too. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. One downside to master builders is unlike certfied builders, they don't have to be qualified, but I don't know if this is an issue here. I hope you get it sorted.

tezw1, Jan 25, 12:59am
If your builder doesn't get this sorted then if you want to withhold some of the the progress payment then you need to use the process under the Construction Contracts Act 2002. This involves you sending a schedule with the part payment detailing the amount you're withholding and reasons why on the due date. If you and the head contractor can't agree then it goes to mediation. You should have been given a sheet detailing all this with each payment claim (progress payment invoice) as you're a residential owner. The head contractor can't contract out of this process either. If you haven't been given the sheet then google the act as I can't remember all the process involved.