Gumboots/gardening boots

maynard9, Apr 19, 5:39am
Every winter I say I am going to shout myself some - but end up with old sneakers.

Any recommendations as I simply have to continue gardening in all weathers this winter/spring as we have our son getting married at our place beginning of Jan.

I would prefer ankle ones as I have tried the mid calf but they annoy me terribly when I want to crouch.

What do you year round gardeners wear please.

veejay13, Apr 19, 5:51am
Ankle gummies here.

shanreagh, Apr 19, 7:45am
Me too. Old as the hills with velcro closing and fake sheepskin round the top. Good though as they are gumboots and not too heavy. I also have some old trainers for when it is drier. still with tread on them.Good socks are essential.

westigal, Apr 19, 8:11pm
Ankle gummies here too, and for extra warmth I keep last years boot socks and chop them off at the ankle bone line, and then use them as a boot muff, going over the top of my boot and up onto my shin. Keeps the drafts out and jeans dry in long grass. For summer I have a pair of boots that I have cut back even lower, more like shoes. Find trainers still get wet even in summer.

rumpelstiltskin, Apr 19, 11:57pm
Muck boots, by Swanndri. I have the 'daily gardening shoes' - very comfy and durable.

nickyd, Apr 20, 1:26am
I just use Sloggers - like this http://www.gubba.co.nz/shop/footwear/Garden+Shoes+and+Clogs/Sloggers+Basic+with+Insole+-+Nautical+Blue.html - find them easy to get off in a hurry if the phone rings or I need to get something from inside etc

payntr, Apr 20, 4:13am
as long as they are not made by skellerup,ive gone through 2 pairs gumboots in three years,we paid good dollars for them to find they are made in china,but will never buy skellerup again absolutely crap.

lilyfield, Apr 20, 5:48am
can,t beat Red Bands.Had mine over 30 years, worn a LOT! Still do in he garden even tho the heels are down, but no leaks yet.

payntr, Apr 20, 7:04am
skellerup? lol

sallybess, Apr 20, 8:34am
Try a pair of Boonies from Gubba, I wear them for gardening they are great.

mrploppy, Apr 20, 8:38am
I go to the Warehouse & get a pair of cheap ski boots. Fully sealed & lined, waterproof, very warm to wear.

strathview, Apr 20, 6:13pm
Saddlery warehouse have ankle boots.

icefinery, Apr 20, 7:41pm
Red Bands are the best.

devine-spark, Apr 20, 7:48pm
Muck boots for me too. I love them!

thistle4, Apr 21, 1:44am
Croc gumboots here, very lightweight which I like.

maynard9, Apr 21, 3:15am
Thanks heaps for all the feedback. Very helpful

catznznz, Jan 28, 3:11am
Bogs ankle boots great comfy and lasting well .Wear them all the time gardening and mowing lawns. Would definitely buy them again . Great deal on them when Palmers has a sale :) well worth the money