Need to get my gs bottle recertified and filled

mariner26, Apr 3, 6:15am
My gas bottle (LPG) needs re-certifying (new WOF) and refilling.
Where can I get that done in Auckland? Used to get that done at Andy Miller at Pt Chev. Have also got it done at Westmoreland St, West Lynn. But both providers are gone.
Bottle is a small one that we use on a two burner stove on stops when travelling. The bottle and stove have been at the bach for many years, have had little use and the bottle is well past its WOF date.

chito, Apr 3, 6:19am
If its 9kg swap at mitre 10 or Bunnings. Doesn't matter of its expired.

skin1235, Apr 3, 6:26am
guessing its the little yellow 'Campion' bottle, there will be gas bottle certifiers in the yellow pages

mariner26, Apr 3, 6:54am
Thanks folks - yes am aware of the swap bottles.
My bottle is 3.15kg - Primus make that we bought with the two burner stove. It's about the size and shape of a (biggish) pumpkin and uses "normal" LPG for refills.

sanders4, Apr 3, 7:44am
Dive centre on Wairau Road will certify a bottle for about $30, there must also be someone in West Auckland.

macman26, Apr 3, 10:01am
You only need it checked to get it refilled. If it still has gas in it use it up first then get it retested.

alfred011, Apr 3, 10:09am
bottles have 10 years from inspection date stamped on the bottle .

wron, Apr 3, 10:13am
You can get adapters so normal 9kg bottles will fit your stove, or the 1/2 size ones.

mariner26, Apr 3, 8:40pm
You've got the idea Paul. Yes it still has gas in it. Shall use that up - over the time it takes. That may take a while as we haven't used the stove and bottle for years. Shall "worry" about new WOF when that becomes necessary.

mrfxit, Apr 4, 8:44am
Just for "piece of mind" make sure you physically check all hoses & soaping water test ALL connections.
Turn the bottle (vent the area (open area) as much as possible) & promptly test joints etc.
Replace ANY hoses/taps etc that are suspect (except the bottle tap of course) if thats leaking then it is stuffed.
Turn the bottle off/ disconnect the hose & soapy water spray the tap checking for growing bubbles.

Check underneath the bottle for any rust.
Any pitting & it's buggered

christin, Apr 4, 8:58am
The garage by waikumete cemetery used to do it. haven't checked lately but assume still do?

tweake, Apr 5, 3:56am
last time i looked (a while ago now) it was cheaper to get a new bottle than to get it inspected.

portly, Apr 6, 10:21pm
Place called Firesafe or something similar, Neilson St Onehunga (Mount Smart Rd end), cost about $50, biggest problem is finding somewhere to fill the little buggers

eagles9999, Feb 11, 10:43am
portly wrote:
Place called Firesafe or something similar, Neilson St Onehunga (Mount Smart Rd end), cost about $50, biggest problem is finding somewhere to fill the little buggers[/quote

At that price cheaper to buy a new one.