Riverstone Path and Lawn

charlie_brown16, Sep 9, 12:22am
Hi. I am looking to install some stepping stones/pavers down the side of my lawn as a path to my garage. I want to riverstone around the pavers rather than grass it. How do I stop the river stones ending up in the lawn and therefore being sucked up by the lawnmower?

arielbooks, Sep 9, 12:55am
What about a timber edge to hold in the stones.

lissie, Sep 9, 1:59am
I've seen a product in Mitre10 - like a hexagonal grid - which holds gravel and can even apparently be used on drive ways - we are considering using it along with stepping stone alongside the house

this stuff
http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/building_supplies/concrete_metal_products/cirtex_surepave_816_x_612mm_black_223192/

tigra, Sep 9, 3:21am
If you choose large River Stones they will be too heavy to be sucked up by the mower

texastwo, Sep 9, 3:25am
Very expensive - and then you have to buy the gravel!

lissie, Sep 9, 4:02am
Do you have a suggestion on what to use @texastwo ? I have a path behind the house which gets little sun - we want to dig out the clay and replace it with pavers and gravel - but I want the gravel to be contained - same as the OP

kateley, Sep 9, 4:47am
I've done this, with pavers surrounded by river stones. I've put a mowing strip of pavers around the lawn which stops the gravel from getting into the grass.

galex, Sep 14, 12:31am

maddie44, Oct 2, 12:08pm