Vegetable garden, what would you grow again?

Page 2 / 2
2bakerz, Feb 28, 1:11am
I'm trying kumara for the first time and they've been in since December and were taking over, but I was advised to keep them in check by snipping off the long runners as everywhere they lie a root will form. So I've carefully pruned them back and will leave them til about May I think and have a look then. I still like to plant tomatoes, runner beans, beetroot, herbs, potatoes, brassicas, spinach, silverbeet etc. Just like going and picking what I fancy when I fancy it. and it gives me something constructive to do outside!

maccachic1, Mar 2, 9:01pm
I get organic / non hybrid from Kings seeds and let the lettuces etc reseed the garden it generally works well. I made the mistake of shaking coriander seeds over the garden and they all took off like weeds two years later I still have them coming back.

stefanie, Mar 9, 10:23am
Thanks a lot for your post, how nice!

stefanie, Mar 9, 10:31am
Thank you all for sharing your experiences/knowledge.

dogbond, Apr 25, 6:43am
I try and grow as much as I can that can be frozen, so you still have tasty veges in the winter.Runner beans gone crazy, already a load in the freezer, and the plant is on its second spurt. Brussle sprouts and cauliflower doing nicely, toms picked daily and made into pasta sauces for the freezer. Just about finished eating the spuds, but put another crop in recently and they are going well too. I grow Mesculine salad greens for everyday picking, and cos lettuces, which I make into lettuce soup and freeze.
My pumpkin patch is well away from the house, going nuts in an old horse manure pile, will store those in a wooden crate in the shed once they are ready. Most of my herbs are in pots near the back door rather than taking up room in the vege garden.