Whats the Best type of Septic tank please

joel14, Apr 21, 9:35am
We need to put in a septic tank on a hectare block we are about to purchase and would appreciate any feedback please as to which type of system is the best to use.

kandjaja, Apr 21, 9:58am

ralphdog1, Apr 21, 10:35am
First question is what are the options allowed from a Council perspective!

kwaka5, Apr 21, 5:58pm
You need to get the right system for the job. Just because it's a septic tank will not make it the best. Find a good plumber and see what you need to do to fit your regulations and see what they can offer you as a solution which best fits your needs and price. They can get damn expensive depending on what you need to comply.

kingmole, Apr 22, 7:04am
A lot will depend upon the regional councils rules and regulations (as well as the relevant building standards). Then there are site specific restraints, such as soil conditions, proximity to water bodies, water table depth etc.

Drainlayer or a wastewater engineer would be the best first point of contact.

Regarding biocycles- they can be good but also very expensive, usually the secondary systems are best suited for land in which it is not best to put a primary system in place.

Hope that helps.

peter148, Apr 22, 8:22am
We used an Oasis system on our lifestyle block.Never had a problem with it, but it does need a small amount of electricity to make it run.I believe Oasis is made here in Canterbury, and I am always happy to support home grown technology.
If you have free draining or stoney soil then you might not need a sophisticated septic tank sytem at all.So long as the soil is not clay then all you do is entrench a couple of extension hoses about 25m long from the back of the 2nd concrete tank and the soil bacteria will break down all the organic waste for you.
What you can do to enhance the anaerobic breakdown of the solid waste is to flush some Bokashi compasting bacteria down the toilet every now and then.
http://www.zingbokashi.co.nz/hints/toilet-systems.htm
Once again this is an excellent technological product, and made here in NZ.

newpenny1, Apr 22, 7:00pm
Oasis 2000 best have had put in on both our lifestyle properties and ran the grey water through the trees

guest, Jun 2, 11:50am
I needed to ctraee you this very small word to say thanks once again with your magnificent information you have documented on this website. It was seriously generous of you giving unhampered precisely what many individuals would've sold as an e-book to generate some profit for themselves, primarily now that you could possibly have tried it if you wanted. Those techniques additionally acted like a easy way to comprehend other individuals have the identical dreams the same as my very own to see way more in regard to this problem. I'm certain there are lots of more pleasant occasions up front for folks who look into your blog post.

guest, May 23, 12:47pm
MmxmMC bfezhpmxohbj