Lawn aerating shoes/sandals

smine, Apr 22, 1:37am
Anyone seen these for sale anywhere!Want to get a set, and have tried garden centres and large hardware stores.Thanks

lynken37, Apr 22, 2:39am
I sold some here for a friend. I think he got them from a mailorder catalogue.

crunchie3, Apr 22, 4:20am
I want some too, was thinking i could possibly make some with wood and long nails!

lynken37, Apr 22, 6:16am
I don't see why not, because all they were was a solid plastic type sole and they strapped on to your shoes. The prongs were set in the soles, so if you glued a piece of something over the heads you would be right. Good luck.

standard, Apr 22, 9:14am
Magamail booklet

bugin, Apr 22, 9:41am
Just use a garden fork ,works really well and wont cause ankle strain.

smine, Apr 22, 8:05pm
Yes I wondered about making them, think would need fairly strong nails or they would just bend especially if they hit a stone.A packet of Ramset nails would be good.Agree a garden fork could be better if you apply some side leverage before lifting but takes a while to do a whole lawn.

I see they are available on eBay but postage is high.

susievb, Apr 22, 9:24pm

smine, Apr 22, 10:20pm
Yeah ta.Higher purchase price but loads cheaper delivery $2.50.Good show.

lynken37, Apr 23, 12:53am
That's the ones!

borolad, Apr 24, 11:15am
Go easy with this, I made some and they actually worked well, but the motion of stamping and pulling stuffed my knee and needed surgery!

enpointe, Apr 24, 9:32pm
I have some but they are very very hard to use on compact ground (as per above).I use our heavy concrete demolition bar and it is much more effective (ha ha, can list the 'aerating shoes'.).

graham14, May 17, 7:07pm
LOL I used to import them. Fairgo had a go at them and then declared them perfect for the job. I have not been importing garden tools for a number of years but if I did start again they would be on the list.