When you want gardening goods, what is

tanyas1, Feb 22, 4:05am
the first gardening center name that pops into your head!

mark_g, Feb 22, 4:26am
Depends.
If you know what you are looking for i.e. you know how to tell a good one from a bad one, then somewhere like M10 Mega or similar, because they are a lot cheaper than many gardening centres.
If you don't know the ins and outs of what you are after - so GOOD advice is important, or if you need to be sure of a plants heritage and chances of survival, then a good gardening centre. You pay more, but you are paying for expertise and good advice (hopefully).

dibble35, Feb 22, 4:28am
Mine. where I work, then bunnings or Mitre10, I refuse to shop at Palmers, such a rip off and their plants tend to be 'mollycoddled' and when you get them home they dont look flash for very long

tanyas1, Feb 22, 4:43am
where do you work dibble!I really wanted namesof places to see who knows the names of centres.

tanyas1, Feb 22, 4:44am
ah, well, you are quite far north, so most likely wont know it LOL

lythande1, Feb 22, 5:57am
Kings.

macandrosie, Feb 22, 7:15am
Sometimes I think the privately owned garden centres stock better quality products than the big chain stores, but at the end of the day everyone is out to amke money.

dibble35, Feb 22, 7:57am
I work at a privately owned nursery called Alter-natives nursery and landscaping. As you should be able to deduct from the name we sell mostly natives (lots of reveg lines)although getting into some of the more popular exotics.

kp11, Mar 18, 6:45am
Kings / Palmers