Rhododendrons.cuttings?

purplegirl24, Mar 6, 3:07am
Has anyone manage to grow them from cuttings !

les6, Mar 6, 7:06am
not personally,but have seen someone do it and how they did it.Used a big table with bottom heat and a high humidity covering.Not sure what stage of growth he used but there was an optimum time!He just did them as you would any othe cutting but kept them in the heated compartment for ages.From memory there was a low strike rate but those that took did well.He planted them out where he wanted them surrounded in a triangle of three hay bales on edge with gave shelte and shade be fore breaking down.
ps was in hawkesbay too!

.jillybeen., Mar 7, 8:23pm
Take a low branch of the rodo, do not rewmove from the tree,remove a slither of bark off the bottom of the branch put on a bit of rooting powder on the wound anchor on to the dirt with a brick, and water.Once the branch has rooted cut away from tree.

donnabeth, Mar 7, 9:15pm
I have two 'accidental' rhodos growing from a less organised method. The lower branches draped over the ground and were covered by mulch and only discovered when I went searching underneath the bush to find out why it seemed to be getting so crowded, I have no idea how long it took. I then went round the garden pinning down branches of other bushes to see what happens. The hardest part is not lifting them looking for roots.

wayne472, Apr 7, 12:15am
Leave them alone for at least two years,three would be better!

Layer them in late winter and when ready transplant them in the winter!