New lawn

joanie32, Feb 6, 8:19am
any reason why a newlawncant be sownnow. I will obviously have to water it like crazy

spiritofgonzo, Feb 6, 8:42am
go for it.It's just riskier, and needs more maintenance to get it established . but you seem to be prepared to go the distance.

maclad, Feb 6, 4:57pm
As above but you will find you get far more weed seedlings germinating in a summer sown lawn. eg all the various summer grasses.

ferrit47, Feb 6, 10:04pm
Use good Topsoil & then spinkle grassseed all over it & rake it in well.Use Spinkler and water it well.

strebor1, Feb 6, 10:13pm
The best time to sow lawn is Autumn and if you can wait that long, which in fact is March, so not long to wait, it will be worth it. With our seasons being later I would wait until about the 2nd week in March.

net_oz, Feb 7, 1:44am
The best idea is to prepare the area in spring as if you're going to sow grass seed. Leave it until the weeds show. Spray them and rake the area over again. Keep repeating this untli late February and then sow your grass seed.

joanie32, Feb 7, 6:44am
OK. Thanks. I thinkit will take a couple of weeks to get organised so heading into marchseems the go.

guest, Oct 9, 2:03pm
Great post and idea for Thanksgiving! I wish I had more time in the day right now to get through this crazy seoasn! Hope you had a wonderful turkey day

guest, Oct 11, 8:22am
long feather erigrnas / Thanks for an amazing submit, will study one's others content. thanks for your thoughts with this, I soon became a trifle made an impact to by this post. Thanks again! You wanna make a great point. Portrays natures best by the excellent data here. I believe that in case a greater number of people considered it like that, they'd have a very better time period obtain the suspend ofing the situation.

guest, May 29, 4:51pm
wives who chat / Hi there, i just wanted to drop you a line to say that i trohoughly enjoyed this detailed post of yours, I have subscribed to your RSS feeds and have skimmed a few of your posts before but this one really stood out for me. I know that I am just a stranger to you but I figured you might appreciate the appreciation Take care and keep blogging.