Spiders and organic gardening.?

milkybar4, Jan 14, 11:29pm
yesterday there was a MASSIVE white tail a hands width from my hand. i had just ripped out all these scrubby dead plants so it had obviously been in there.
i sprayed it i think with fly spray but i was just told by pest control it doesnt kill them so it will still be lurking in there somewhere.
i am aracnophobic and DO NOT want to happen upon it again.I can tolerate garden spiders cause they do a job and i know they're not actually gonna hurt me.
my question - if i were to spray spider rid on garden. What will happen, cause obviously spiders play a role but i cant only kill white tails but i cant live with that queeny in my garden! maybe its dead, but i doubt it now.i thought about only spraying the area where it was but it could be anywhere by now, although where it was was a good area for it to live but ive now dug it up and changed it all - thinking said spider was gone.

you can laugh at me but some advice and knowledge would be appreciated. thankyou.

malone4, Jan 14, 11:52pm
I was told but not sure if its true so dont quote me on this, that if you spot a white tail and let the authorities know they can evict you from the property so the men in white suites can come in to fumigate the area. and can take up to week to properly rid the property of infestation.

lythande1, Jan 15, 1:43am
There's such a myth about whitetail spiders. You won't die. You won't get flesh eating bacteria.
Pretty hypocritical, organic but kills spiders. Spiders don't eat plants you know.
White tails have 61 separate species anyway, it's not one and they eat other spiders.
Not people.

milkybar4, Jan 16, 3:48am
i know i wont die. i have a phobia of spiders. phobia = irrational. although with a whitetail, it no so irrational.
spiders eat aphids that eat plants, so not sure how much of a eco damage i would do by killing all spiders.

dms01, Jan 23, 6:05pm
It's probably dead. Spiders might be a bit resistant to spray but if you gave it a blast, well, they're not invincible