Building in chch

nicenikki, Jan 19, 7:38am
im considering building in chch - can anyone give me an idea of what it would cost to build a 4bdrm 2bthrm dbl garage home! i realise it would depend on how fancy - but i have no idea at all where it would even start from! Im thinking id use a company like versatile or Mike Greer - so any suggestions would be most appreciated.
thanks all

carly26, Jan 19, 8:02am
they vary depending on how fancy and upmarket you want to go. They are roughly $1300 to $2000 per square meter depending on what company you use. We just built with stonewood, 220sqm cost us $330K, and lansdcaping another $20k. We have 4 double bedrooms, 2 lounges, huge kitchen with walk in pantry, double garage, tiled showers in the bathrooms.

nicenikki, Jan 20, 8:41am
thanks carly, i was looking at stonewood today - and was quite impressed! your home sounds very big - and lovely! Would you recommend stone wood! is there anything you think would be helpful for me to know! which was the plan you went off! i am considering the Renwick - but i would like the rooms to be a bit larger.

carly26, Jan 31, 10:49pm
This is the 2nd house we have built, the first we project managed it ourselves and didnt go thru a building company, 2nd time round we had to use Stonewood because of insurance company. I cant say it was any easier going thru a building company. We still had to do alot of work and research ourselves. Once we started building everything went smoothly with the build. A couple of things they forgot during the build, like the built in shelf in the tiled shower, but they fixed that at their cost.They also gave us the wrong garage door, which they sorted at their cost. Our project manager was lovely. So yeah I do recommend Stonewoord, they have been around for a long time. We went off the Wikcliffe plan but changed it a bit. Moved the 4th bedroomto the opposite end of the hall and didnt have the internal toilet like they have on that plan. It is basically the same as their Rolleston Showhome but they call it something else as it has 3 car garaging. Our house was built very fast too. We are in a new subdivision and houses around us are still being built and they started roughly the same time as us. We moved in just before xmas.