Retro fit windows making whistling noise.

chic_style, Oct 15, 7:45am
I will be ringing fitter morning but over the last few days ive noticed the windows we got retro fitted whistle in the wind! tonight they are especially bad! the wind has died down here compaired to what to we have had, I hope its a easy fix!
anyone heard of this happening before?
they have only been in for two months!
thanks

chic_style, Oct 15, 8:13am
maybe they are!. im not! lol.
its gunna annoy me tonight cos one of them is in my bedroom!

hammer23, Oct 15, 8:27am
It sounds to me as if the sashes are not fitting tight up to the rubber gaskets allowing air to pass through when there is higher air pressure on the outside[ wind is blowing] and less on the inside and air is being drawn in thereby causing the whistling. to sort it may mean adjusting the handles to make the sash fit tighter against the rubbers or tweaking the sashes so they fit tighter. I am sure the window guys have expieranced this before and will sort it for you but if they are the grumpy type then stay on their case and if any monies are owing then hold that back till you are satisfied,don't give in,be firm and keep written notes of all discusions as these things can drag on otherwise.

nukhelenc, Aug 31, 2:05am
What firm done the retro? did they put new backing seals in? that the sash closes on.