Cleaning concrete pavers

sally63, Jan 14, 9:58pm
We have a large area of concrete pavers which are starting to look awful. I have used various potions on them but they are now dark grey. They are placed on sand with sand in the cracks. Would a light water blast help( the concrete seems a bit rough anyway followed but adding more sand to the cracks? I have tried wet and forget bleach and concrete cleaner with very little improvement. The bleach was probably the best

wasgonna, Jan 14, 10:22pm
"Wet and Forget" is mainly for washing houses. You need the "Wet and Walkaway" type of cleaner (there are several different brands at Mitre10, etc). After spraying you just leave it and over the months it will gradually clean them up as the spray is reactivated whenever it rains. You need to be patient and just forget after spraying, it will work.

I do my rough concrete pathways every couple of years to remove the green and black moss/mould.

sally63, Jan 15, 1:49am
Thanks. Yes I have used the other stuff before too but I need a quick fix! this time

ceejay13, Jan 15, 2:22am
We tried everything nothing worked so we turned the whole backyard of bricks over and now we have brand new bricks in their original honey colour, a big job but well worth it. Good Luck

sally63, Jun 13, 10:48am
Great idea ceejay. I must go and have a peek:) Thanks