Ground cover plants v grass

tomber, Apr 27, 2:15am
Any advice? I don't have much time for garden maintenance and have a lot of fiddly bits of lawn that aren't worth the trouble they make. Are there any easy to care for plants that I can put instead that will stop the weeds growing but not need much maintenance? Thanks. Grass is in strips along drive and around parking bay.

maclad, Apr 27, 5:00am
More info I think. Plants need more care than lawn and it is pretty easy to just run the mower over these areas. What makes that so hard. If we know then maybe you could get some ideas.

tomber, Apr 27, 5:37am
Its only the front garden and its an obstacle course with the paths, drive and parking areas all covered in builders rubble or gravel. For the little bit of grass it doesn't seem worth the hassle and likelihood of getting stones in the mower. I was hoping something that just needed a bit of water would be a nice replacement (current grass anyway needs replacing as builders munted it). Not good enough at gardening yet to put anything more ambitious in there. The area is full sun and dry.

kateley, Jan 23, 10:00pm
How about tussock-type grasses (festuca, carex). They're fairly easy care and tough. Maybe with river stones as a mulch to help keep the weeds away
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/378942799.jpg