Grisalinia's Dying!?

kimmymexted, Mar 19, 6:52am
Ahhh the middle plant in our hedge is dying and the one on the side of it looks like its going also, We are gutted!Can it have a contagious disease!Why would it be dying - its all black and not happy!

stevee6, Mar 19, 7:11am
It could have a root fungus so maybe dig in beside one of the dying ones and see what the roots are like.

scoonie1, Mar 19, 7:43am
yep sounds like phytothora stop watering immediately check out drainage your roots probably rotten and try drenching around the roots with our native super fungi trichoderma available from informed garden centres

guest, Oct 10, 8:03am
"adults who sat 11 or more hours per day had a 40% increased risk ... ceoparmd with those who sat for fewer than four hours a day"I don't get it: "compared with those who sat for fewer than four hours a day"? Really? Let's see: assuming (since I couldn't get the original article either), that "sitting" doesn't include the 7 hours or so of sleeping, that leaves you with with 17 hours a day or so to sit or stand (or walk or whatever); so are they telling us that there are people out there who spend 13 hours (or more!) of those 17 hours - EVERY DAY - standing? Even if a person like that works 8 hours every day and doesn't sit down even for a single minute - it still leaves at least 5 hours of standing! So his day would look something like this: 7 hours sleep (horizontally), 4 hours sitting, 8 hours standing at work and 5 hours standing at home - and all that on a daily basis, weekends and holidays included - not bad if you can pull it off...And all that 13 to 17 hours of standing a day buys you is a 29% decrease (do the math) of the risk of dying in the next 3 years ceoparmd to those who stand 0 to 6 hours day. I must be missing something.

guest, Jun 1, 1:56pm
Okay I'm coninvced. Let's put it to action.