Dying poinsettia plant - help please?

denisekitcher, Sep 25, 9:56pm
I have a potted poinsettia plant at work and over the weekend the leaves on my poinsettia plant has recently starting to swivel and dry up

I watered the plant once every 3 days, but not too much.

Is there anything else I can do to stop it from dying?

Photo here: https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/649799033.jpg

Many Thanks, Denise

wheelz, Sep 25, 10:45pm

harrislucinda, Sep 26, 8:32am
yes looks like too wet I have never had any luck with them so dont bother even though look great when they come out at Christmas

maclad, Sep 26, 4:57pm
It appears from your pic that the soil has pulled away from the pot edge. This happens when plants get dry and if not pushed back the water you give it will run straight down the side of the pot and not wet the soil. That plant does not look over watered as that usually shows up as leaf tips browning and the leaves dropping. Watering seldom and thoroughly is the key to success. If your plant gets dry you will probably notice it wilting and do something about it. I always water by weight of the pot. Pick it up, if it is very light then water, if heavy/heavier wait a bit longer. With practice you will learn.

rita197, Mar 12, 1:14pm
Yes overwatered. Water indoor plants (except ferns) when soil is dry only!. Feel the soil first prior to watering. I recommend watering around once a month for most indoor plants.