Im planting tomato plants, have a few questions

sewing_girl, Nov 14, 9:10pm
Can I use soil thats mixed with old bark chips! we had weed mat but have removed it. Also, I have a compost pile which has been covered in weeds for years. Will there be any nutriennts left in this soil! am thinking about using it for the tomatoes

tigra, Nov 14, 9:17pm
Yes probably not much nutrient left if its been covered in weeds for years.
But you could use it to grow the tomatoes in,Tomatoes are faiurly resilient so should be ok, just add some slow release fertiliser into the base of the hole you are planting the tomatoes in.Also if you have it some Blood and bone would be good too.

guest, Oct 9, 11:20pm
- Too bad about your toeaotms! If you make fried green toeaotms though, I definitely want to hear about them!Oh, and it's cool the way Muriel's hands look like they're glowing in this picture. That's gotta be worth something, right?

guest, May 30, 6:49pm
yes!!! start them early indoor's in a small solo cup or any cup you have,first add about an inch of dirt in the cup with a seed let it suropt! once it grows half way up the cup add dirt an repeat (but remember to cut off any leaves that you might have to cover) you can do the same for pepper plants too. ill tell you what i am going to do this year ..i am going to start some peppers and my own line of tomatoes indoors an grow them to a flowering stage then put them out side so i can have fresh