BIRD BATHS

usualsuspect, Jan 31, 1:46am
I would love to get my hands on a birdbath that is surplus to needs but havent found one so does anyone have any advice on making my own!wat materials to use etc.i love the birds in my garden.

arvn, Jan 31, 1:47am
I have a resin bird bath, with a little water fountain in it - the birds love it!

Bird baths are relatively cheap.or you could use an old handbasin for one.

woody89, Jan 31, 2:26am
Glazed plant pot saucers sat on stumps or on a large upturned plant pot works well, you might have some laying around otherwise niot expensive to buy, seconds are an option

imagine4, Jan 31, 2:39am
i was bought a glass one but the birds do not like it.They prefer the plain coloured ones.pot plant bases work well on posts

scout_6001, Jan 31, 3:14am
I made one out of pots, sorry I don't know how to post a photo but this is the website, it is like the 6th one down, birds love it.

http://ourcreativelife.blogspot.co.nz/2009/03/make-bird-bath.html!m=1

alia1, Jan 31, 3:38am
I use upturned lid of dustbin atop a large empty plant pot. Fill to the brim so deep enough for the birds to drink from or wallow in. Empty & clean with hand brush maybe three times a week depending on how many birds use it. Wonderful to watch.

scruff71, Jan 31, 8:12am
I have aconcrete birdbath the birds love when it's filled to the top with fresh water - I've seen four different breeds queuing up around the rim for a dip!At other times when the water level is low it's not so popular.I also have deep terracotta saucers on upturned pots but the deeper bowl of the concrete birdbath is their preference as they can immerse their wings, then dry off on the sides.A wood pigeon has even been down for a quick dip!

usualsuspect, Jan 31, 11:07am
thanks for all these ideas i will get busy making my own one with pots i have lying around doing nothing!thanks everyone!

kuaka, Jan 31, 8:09pm
We have a concrete bird bath in the back garden which we can watch from the family/dining/kitchen and the birds love it, especially the wax-eyes when they are here and the fantail uses it most evenings.We inherited it when we bought the house, so have no idea where it was purchased or how much it cost.In the front garden we have an improvised one which is just a large upturned pot with it's matching saucer on top.Now that I've seen the ones in the website mentioned above I'm inspired to make something better, as the birds use it all the time and although it's practical it's not very attractive.

guest, Oct 12, 2:31am
Mike has anyone seen wxwniags in housing estate at the back of wye vale garden centre on Newport pagnell road yet last two years there have been lots.

guest, Jun 4, 12:03am
Hold down an app for a second, and start trinung off all the apps that you aren't using by pressing the "minus" button. Hold your device on end to locate two small screws on either side of the dock. While the older 17 inch Mac - Book Pros lack the benefits of the unibody design, they do have the added feature of user-replaceable batteries.my homepage :: My site ::