Pale pink roses and other flowers

kizzier, Jan 28, 9:14am
Hi there

I am getting married March 9. I want pale pink roses. BUT I am cheap, lol. They don't have to actually all be roses. We could have some white or other pale pink flowers in there.

What are some other cheaper flowers I can ask for, when I go to see the florist!
They will not be needing to make a proper bouquet as I will be putting them in vases.

Thanks.

wheelz, Jan 28, 9:21am
We got the lady who supplies the countdown here with flowers to order in the 200 odd red roses for my daughters wedding, a hell of a lot cheaper, and really good quality!

jbsouthland, Jan 28, 4:44pm
sweetpeas , cosmos , stock

kizzier, Jan 28, 5:37pm
Ahhh that's a good idea! How might I find out who does it!

mkbooks, Jan 28, 8:39pm
Lisianthus- alstroemeria- gladioli- carnations -lilies- dwarf coloured arum lilies- hydrangeas -perennial phlox-penstemons

piquant, Jan 28, 8:42pm
Why don't you go to the flower markets yourself! But you will have to do a bit of research first - find out where they are in your area - and I suggest that you attend a few to see how the process works - it's usually done on an "auction" type system. AND - they start really early - there will be a few almost sleepless nights for you if you are going to be up with the play and beat the pro's to the lots that you want! Good luck but it's the price you will have to pay if you want the deals.

kizzier, Jan 28, 8:59pm
Thank you.
There just is no way I can do that on the morning of my wedding! Thanks anyway though.

And thank you to everyone else.

mushroom990, Jan 28, 10:09pm
For your wedding think about which flowers have scent as well.

piquant, Jan 28, 11:14pm
I didn't expect you to - Most would have their flowers done the day before and keep them cool overnight.

kizzier, Jan 29, 12:05am
Oh ok, I must have read your post wrong, sorry

wheelz, Jan 29, 12:39am
Ask at service desk, what days the lady replenishes the stock, and turn up on that day, or they might be able to give you a contact number for her. I worked there, so just kept an eye out for her.

pierina1, Feb 21, 11:17am
Do you have a local farmer's market or community market, if so see if anyone sells flowers and talk to them about it. Or maybe find a local grower.