Pink crinum wanted - Canterbury

harrislucinda, Nov 22, 8:18am
i havesomebutreadingall threadsitisbeing calleddifferentnamesithought itwasabelladonnalillyasyoupicisthesameaswhati have

urbanrefugee54, Nov 23, 5:51am
aha - thats why I included the photo - seems that what it really is. the bella donna ones foliage die back when it flowers, & nor are they an annual.

piquant, Nov 23, 6:09am
Try this listing on here.

urbanrefugee54, Nov 23, 6:20am
thank you - I looked at that listing when I did a search for 'crinum' - the ones I want [that I had], I know can survive under a metre of snow in the winter - drought like hot norwest gales in the summer - & still look good.

mokaumoi, Nov 23, 9:21am
Just a bit more- the Bella Donnas/Naked Ladies, have maroon coloured stems- the crinums are green stemmed.
The Ladies do not grow as tall as the Crinums.

I have heaps of patches of Crinums in my garden but they are all in leaf at present- no flowers yet- they come in mid Summer as i recall. I would be happy to put up an auction for a clump for you, but think it would be the wrong time to do it! If you can hold off until the end of Summer, I think that would give then a better chance of thriving, when the leaves have died off. You would have to remind me to put it up.

urbanrefugee54, Nov 23, 9:25am
so which one of the two types do you have! my mother is in the bay of plenty [Kawerau] & I won't be able to visit her until at least March.

mokaumoi, Nov 23, 7:56pm
As I said- Crinums, same as your photo.

urbanrefugee54, Nov 23, 9:39pm
thank you - do you mind if I keep you as a 'last resort' option. & will see if I can source something more local.

harrislucinda, Nov 24, 6:55am
doyou wantsomefromme!iliveHororatalookedatminetoday
couldshareabulb

urbanrefugee54, Nov 24, 7:43am
ooh yes please - partners son lives in Hororata now & we are up there sometimes.

harrislucinda, Nov 25, 8:54am
OKHOWDO I FINDYOUCANLEAVESOMEAT THEGARAGESHOP

urbanrefugee54, Nov 25, 10:13am
have a classified listing.

harrislucinda, Nov 25, 10:49pm
heydontknowhowtoloadany thinglikethat===willjusthaveto meetathorowhenyoucomeoutnext!

urbanrefugee54, Dec 1, 8:07am
I'm still on the lookout for any pink cinums. especially since there seem to be so many varities & none available at any nurseries.

urbanrefugee54, Dec 24, 1:47pm
still looking.