Pink cosmos related to choc cosmos

milburnsewing, Jan 1, 9:21am
Can anyone tell me the name of the pink perennial cosmos that is the same family ( I think) as the better known chocolate cosmos. I want to track one down to buy, but not even knowing what it is called is making it a bit of a problem. Thank you. Rayna

flier3, Jan 1, 9:56am
The chocolate cosmos' botanical name is Cosmos atrosanguineus and the pink is Cosmos bipinnatus. Hope that is what you wanted to know

piquant, Jan 1, 10:28am
The species you are referring to is Cosmos diversifolius. I'm not aware that anyone is promoting it - but that doesn't mean they are not. Where did you hear about it? As far as I'm aware - it hasn't been in production since the 50's or 60's. Cosmos atrosanguineus always had to be vegetatively propped as it didn't set seed. However, now we can seed grow this species so it is quite likely there could be work going on on diversifolius.

milburnsewing, Jan 4, 6:39pm
I grew it about fifteen Years ago and it was accidentally sprayed. Have kept my eyes peeled for another one ever since. It was lovely, even nicer than the choc one

milburnsewing, Jan 17, 3:51pm
Thank you all for your answers, might be able to really start looking and advertising for one now. I find things come to you in the end. It took me 45yrs from when they first came to my attention to get Madonna lilies. So I’m not short on patience lol.