Pumpkin

thq, Dec 28, 6:40am
can you tell differect beween the plants of a gaint pumpkin and a every day one.not sure which one has grown .thanks

ricp, Dec 28, 11:54pm
fruit of the giant will be yellow even when undeveloped and the leaves are bigger as well

littlemissy1, Dec 29, 12:19am
I haven't grown giant ones before but my miniatures have smaller leaves than my normal pumpkins so at a guess I would probably say there should be a difference! Though that might depend how big the seedling is but there should be a difference in leaf type anyways.not necessarily size (shape, veins, colour etc)

thq, Dec 29, 2:40am
so are the grey ones grey to start with! hubby mixed up seeds.some of our farms were going to see who could grow the biggest.only 1 plant has come up and we planted a pack of each lol

littlemissy1, Dec 29, 4:06am
When did you plant them thq!

thq, Dec 29, 5:27am
Oct we planted them. littlemissy1

mark_g, Jan 3, 4:58pm
Grey pumpkin are not grey until later in the season. They (grey or crown pumpkin) are green for quite a while after pollenation. Usually green until at least say the size of a CD, and that would be the late ones. Early ones are green until much bigger (small soccer ball size) - though exposure to direct sunlight has a bit to do with it.