Well advertised moss and mould remover

bryshaw, Jun 13, 1:26pm
is $99 in NZ and $47 equivalent in the US at Walmart etc. That is a huge difference for an identical product.

bill1451, Jun 13, 1:38pm
you are forgetting the exchange rate, so prob about the same

bryshaw, Jun 13, 1:53pm
The US price was $34.00 so here what by 1.4 = $47?

mouse265, Jun 13, 1:57pm
dont use it get something else problem solved

bryshaw, Jun 13, 2:01pm
Lichen this year is bad on asphalt driveway. Got any suggestions?

wine-o-clock, Jun 13, 2:36pm
sprinkle laundry powder on driveway (reapply if it rains), then stiff brush it off once its dead

harm_less, Jun 13, 3:23pm

lythande1, Jun 13, 3:31pm
Not a fan of poison. Summer kills it.

nzmax, Jun 13, 4:57pm
My grandparents used to use vinegar for killing moss and lichen on concrete and liverwort growing in the garden. Remember it working quite well on concrete and have used a 1part vinegar to 4 parts water mix for liverwort myself with great success. Not sure of mixing ratio for moss and lichen, you might have to do a quick google for your particular surface.

oh_hunnihunni, Jun 13, 5:28pm
Lichen is a very special thing. Google it, and then decide if it really needs to go. And if you do decide to wipe it out, at least you will then know it only grows where the air is cleanest.

Lucky you.

marte, Jun 13, 7:58pm
NZ$1 = US$0.70
So $67 NZ

oh_hunnihunni, Jun 13, 8:13pm

bryshaw, Jun 13, 10:39pm
Plus I guess they don't have dedicate outlets like here that cost a bundle to run 7 days.

lespat, Jun 14, 2:30pm
It's a Kiwicare product. Fraction of the wnf and works as well.

marte, Jun 14, 3:51pm
I just look for the product with the highest % of benzyalalkoniumchloride or sumsuch name, find its cost & figure out whats the best deal.
Thats just for moss/mould killer.

If i want a cleaning product as well, it will have bleach or sodium hydroxide in it as well.

hazelnut2, Jul 18, 7:01pm
Sprinkle Baking Soda on driveway. lichen turns brown and vanishes after a short while. No brushing required! Baking soda available on here in large amounts. Use a soup ladle to move it from the bag to a colander, and then push it through the colander in circular motions with the ladle whilst moving from side to side.

Works on moss too, The moss doesn't actually vanish though, so needs physical removal.