Plastic flap shower door base

dabo, Jun 2, 9:40pm
Hi I wasn’t quite sure how to describe it but we have a curved shower door and running around the bottom is a small plastic flange about a 1.5 cms deep that prevents any leaks through the bottom of the door . It’s looking pretty grungy despite me trying to give it a good scrubbing. Does anybody have any ideas for cleaning this or better still whether you can buy a replacement sealing strip?

zsazsa777, Jun 2, 9:50pm
I'd be interested in knowing this too.

fast4motion, Jun 2, 9:56pm
I've bought universal type door seal strips from Mitre 10, which just push onto the edge/bottom of the door glass. They had a few different profiles, but not sure if they curve.

nzmax, Jun 2, 10:32pm
I replaced my straight Englefield one with a universal type one a couple of weeks ago. The one I bought would be flexible enough to fit onto a curved door no problem. The universal door seals are sold by hardware stores, and most bathroom places will probably have a selection also. Take your original one with you to find the closest match. The other option is to go to a place that sells your brand of shower and order an original door seal.

dibble35, Jun 3, 5:55am
I've soaked mine in a diluted bleach solution which worked. bit difficult due to the length of it though. Might be easier just to buy a new one which I also did a few years ago, was around the $10 mark if I remember correctly.

jdeere8130, Jun 3, 12:03pm
We had a Clearlite Platinum shower with a single curved door. We got the factory seal from Plumbing World, cost about $35 from memory.

dabo, Jun 3, 2:05pm
Back with update! Mitre 10 had a range of strips with different profiles. $9 for 1m strip. Horrid grungy one in the bin - lovely new one in place. Needless to say I then decided door, shower, base all needed a spring clean . so that was 2 hrs of my morning gone lol!

maclad, Jun 3, 6:29pm
This is what happens when you replace/upgrade things. Takes hours of cleaning to bring the rest up to same standard. LOL Pleased you found what you needed. I have a shower curtain only, despite protests from my family, but so easy to put in washing machine and saves so much time in cleaning. No mould ever

fpress, Nov 3, 5:14pm
LOL. we did just this very thing yesterday! Bought our from Bunnings though. Gotta love long weekends, when you have the time to think about these things.