Gluing glass to plastic

.case.10., Apr 2, 7:28pm
What glue is the best to glue glass to plastic?

flancrest, Apr 3, 9:42pm
Depends on the type of plastic. Some glues are amazing on certain plastics, but bond and/or curing can be inhibited by other plastics.

amasser, Apr 4, 3:23pm
Forgotten which type but Selely, Ados, etc. will provide a guide on-line, or at your building supplies store.

floydandu2, Apr 4, 3:27pm
You'll find most of the good glues all say "most plastics" - if you're trying to glue polyethylene, you'll have a tough time. Last time I needed to, I went to SupercheapAuto and bought a glue specifically for it. was about $12 and came with a bit of acetone to prep the surface properly.
Depending on the job you're doing, a bit of silicone sealant might do what you're after?

easygoer, Apr 9, 8:59pm
Get a tube of adhesive used for assembling aquariums, available from most hardware outlets, I got mine from Mega Mitre 10

coop19, Nov 27, 4:47pm
Check the range of clear silicon type glues in your local large retailer. You will find one that is labelled suitable for aquariums, thats the one you want. Over the years I have made many aquariums over the years and when the first RTV silicon came out many years ago it was a godsend. People making very large aquariums were able to do away with half inch glass set in putty in as metal frame as thinner glass with a smear of silicon in the join and a gusset of silicon around the internal corners/joins could take the same amount of water/pressure. Plastic accessories and partitions could also be easily glued/attached to the glass with it.