Climbing roses what do you use to tye

treens2, Jan 2, 7:33pm
them up with, very small plants.thanks for your thoughts

brightlights60, Jan 2, 7:54pm
When very small, just use small canes and something soft. You can get a roll of plastic coated wire from places like the Warehouse, its not as stiff as normal plastic coated wire. As the plant grows, attach it to whatever you are growing it up against by its main stems.

portly, Jan 2, 8:45pm
Old panty hose

maclad, Jan 2, 8:56pm
Plastic coated twist ties, but they need watching and moving often so they do not cut into stems, old panty hose, really good, or for big jobs innertubes from tyres cut into thin strips.

kiwimade64, Jan 3, 12:04pm
I use some knitting yarn I bought and then decided it wasn't what I needed. It's like a very soft cord (Spotlight have it) but acrylic so strong. Works well for me.

lythande1, Jan 3, 1:15pm
Two have wire to climb along, one has nothing much and hangs onto to whatever it finds, or in mid-air.

loukirby, Jan 3, 2:18pm
I use Velcro for all of my ties, it is fantastic. I get it in rolls from mega and have the wide stuff for trees and the skinny stuff for everything else. It is reusable and you can easily join two or more lengths together.

wheelz, Jan 18, 9:46am
This is what I use
Available at the warehouse, Bunnings, mitre 10 and garden centres and countdown
https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=elastic+tree+tie+ball&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-nz&client=safari#imgrc=ngTTacN3ec721M: