What do rhubarb seedlings look like?

floss34, Oct 11, 1:24am
Ive planted them into the garden (probably not the brightest idea) and not sure what are weeds!

harrislucinda, Oct 11, 2:29am
nothaving seedlingbuttheyshouldbulbupandtheleavescomefromthem

kateley, Oct 11, 2:34am
I've never thought of growing them from seed.Did you save your own seed or buy it!
There's some photos of rhubarb seedlings here:
http://gettinfreshblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/rhubarb-from-seed/

floss34, Oct 11, 4:57am
i purchased them off here, thanks for the link!

kateley, Oct 12, 12:41am
did you find any seedlings amongst your weeds!

macandrosie, Oct 12, 3:43am
You know a good way to grow rhubarb is to get a piece from someone you know who has a good strong plant. The plant increases each year so the newest part is on the outside of the plant, the centre being the parent or older part. They do well on plenty of blood & bone or rotted animal manure duriing the growing season. Where do you live!

kernal1, Oct 20, 5:47am
Given 2 plants, one in pot growing like a 'mushroom', one in garden not so well. 'Stalks' are not thickening on either! Plants came from W/house.pot at least has had heaps of horse and sheep manure, witrhin a 5 week period actually went to seed.Both 'died off' over winter.
Can I improve or discard and is there a' name' I should look for giving better results!

floweringrose, Oct 20, 6:29am
they usually die back during winter.any stalks with seed heads on them need to be removed

kateley, Oct 20, 8:09am
mine have shot straight to flower already!I usually blame my slack watering efforts, but we've had plenty of rain this spring.

usaherewecome, Oct 20, 10:19am
I planted mine on top of my dead chickens I buried in that part of my vegie garden.I who have never been able to grow rhubarb now have three thriving plants.sadly I have two chickens not so thriving ;)

floss34, Oct 23, 7:16am
Im in bombay. Not sure if they have come up. Maybe i jumped the gun too early