SOLAR LIGHTS

falco_inlaw, Dec 9, 3:42am
Hello there i have a question in regard to solar lights that people use in their gardens and around patios etc?

SOME HAVE on/off SWITCHES

with the switch in the off position does it turn off the light ONLY or does it turn of both the light and the ability for charging the battery ,,,,, THANK YOU

tub4, Dec 9, 8:15am
Ours charge while off, when we get new solar lights we don't turn them on until they've had a couple of days to charge.

mtbotrev, Dec 10, 7:29am
thanx as well. I have two charging now. Do u turn yours off during day or does charge cover night and day use?

tub4, Dec 10, 8:04am
Once they're fully charged we turn them on and don't worry about them.
they come on when its dark enough and re charge the next day

tigra, Dec 10, 9:54pm
As tub4 says but to clarify #2 the off switch turns off the light but they can still be charged.
NOTE: you can buy rechargeable batteries - for longer lasting use go for the highest mHa you can afford

socram, Dec 12, 9:12am
We have bought heaps over the years and all except one set, the on off switch or the auto switching has failed. Some, the switching was duff before we even installed them.

Batteries seem to last pretty well and our best set of multi coloured light has been up now for about 4 or 5 years - with the same batteries. The sister set installed at the same time, didn't last long at all - batteries charged OK but a switching problem.

Keep your receipt handy. I think they get a lot returned as faulty.

trade4us2, Jul 2, 2:56am
I've just bought one with an off switch. The off switch is for when you want to put it in a box without the light going on and flattening the battery. All the instructions are stupid!