Whats going on here? Builders or handyman please?

Page 1 / 2
penny-trader, Nov 19, 6:33am
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/426649604.jpg

Needed the entire lock changed. The guy who came around ran out of time because we needed to go out. He arrived at 5pm btw. He'll be back tomorrow, maybe. So this is whats been done. What should be done? Thank you

tormore, Nov 19, 6:35am
He needs to pull it all out and start again.

penny-trader, Nov 19, 6:38am
I know absolutely nothing about replacing a door handle, but watching a few youtube clips I'm sure I could do better. I would have atleast sanded down where the old lock was. What a freakn mess. So he needs to pull it out and start over? He was here for 40mins. Now I know some jobs that go unfinished can look messy but this to me looks beyond messy.

morrisjvan, Nov 19, 6:44am
hopefully he has glued some blocks of timber in to take the screws on the latch, but it needs to be finished off much neater. wait until he has finished before you get too worried.

penny-trader, Nov 19, 6:45am
No blocks of timber in there, just straight glue.

mtbotrev, Nov 19, 6:46am
looks temporary so u can use door 2nite.(Not an expert tho. just hopeful for u)

maclad, Nov 19, 6:51am
I too know absolutely nothing but would not this be very very easy to break into. I know nothing is 100% secure but. ? seriously have doubts about this. I can see how block of wood inserted would be better. Very,very shabby job, was he the new apprentice, I have done better jobs my self.

penny-trader, Nov 19, 6:53am
OK, yea maybe he did the best he could do in a short time.

survivalkiwi, Nov 19, 6:53am
I am a builder.
1. You should call a profesional to do the job.
2.If he turns up tommorrow you need to tell him to F off.

newtec1, Nov 19, 6:58am
Those locks are the most simple to install.It looks like a legge lockset or similar.From the pic it looks like the door needs a repair first before he fits the mortice,you need something to take the screws to hold the mortice in place.

newtec1, Nov 19, 6:59am
Amateur,send him on his way and call a proffessional.

rak1, Nov 19, 6:59am
How much notice of the job did he get. Did you arrange a time for him to arrive. Did he know you were going out. Why not wait until tomorrow to see what he does before you slate him.

morrisjvan, Nov 19, 7:00am
If he has just bogged it in then that is not really acceptable, would have been better , quicker and easier to put a lock in that was compatible with the original one.

newtec1, Nov 19, 7:01am
From second view it's not even a lockset is it.

nukhelenc, Nov 19, 7:04am
Well not the persons fault some one had to go out is it.
And its not finished yet so all you should shut your pie holes :)

nukhelenc, Nov 19, 7:10am
If your not happy when its finished, then talk to HNZ about it when its done.

penny-trader, Nov 19, 7:16am
Actually it is his fault not MINE. He was meant to be hear Monday, between 3-5 pm. Thats what was arranged. Dont turn up when you feel like it. But thats not my complaint!

nukhelenc, Nov 19, 7:19am
Are you paying for it or did housing nz sort it?

penny-trader, Nov 19, 7:19am
Thank you I have taken photos and emailed them through to the office.

nukhelenc, Nov 19, 7:22am
Why. Its not finished lmao
Good bye

Its realy a shame youe deleted that at #16 op
That was more info to the story people should see. Why hide it
Chow

penny-trader, Nov 19, 7:39am
I know right! That was my initial thought

penny-trader, Nov 19, 7:40am
Yes this makes sense.

penny-trader, Nov 19, 7:42am
Yes he was meant to be here Monday, we arranged a time between 3-5 pm.

penny-trader, Nov 19, 7:43am
Nope but I have a heavy lock above it so the house is secure.

johotech, Nov 19, 7:51am
The person isn't finished the job.
You don't own the door.
You won't be paying the bill.

You come on here and get everyone to slag off on someones work, when you don't even know how the job is going to be finished.

The latch is reasonably flush. The handles are screwed on. It could be a lot worse. They will probably take it all off again, clean up the paint and fill the rest of the holes. I'm sure it will look a lot different when they have finished.