Borrer control H1 Treated timber Toxic?

sven38, Apr 22, 1:15am
I own an old building with borrer, and am renovating it, we are putting in a lot of new internal walls.
Should we use H1 trated to keep the borrer away!
Any natural products!
The Toxic H1 timber framing might be better than a bug bomb every year!
Can you please share any thoughts on what: wood, treatment, or other ideas how to control those little guys.

sooby, Apr 22, 3:16am
You'd need H1.1 minimum to control borer,

see here: http://www.nztpc.co.nz/hazardClassDescription.php

good luck!

annies3, Apr 22, 5:02am
Pine must be treated or its a waste of time using it as it rots very quickly, as above, H1 is minimum we use Boron treated pine.

pestri, Apr 22, 7:22pm
Barely toxic:it is Boric Treated and is a far better solution than a bug bomb which will not penetrate the timber.

sven38, Apr 23, 5:16am
So thats all the options I have ay.

trade4us2, Apr 23, 5:27am
When I did major renovations to my old house that had borer, I used Douglas Fir as that was cheaper than boric pine. Borer don't like Douglas Fir.
I lined the old walls with Gib that had alumninium foil on the outside. I removed the weatherboards and put insulation in the walls and building paper on the outside.
The borer inside the wall have now died of dehydration.

sven38, Apr 23, 9:11am
Thanks, Its good to hear how you did it.

guest, Oct 10, 7:16am
Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your cotnnet seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Thanks

guest, May 31, 6:56pm
I don't think that is true. If the City is the cause of the problem, then we would be rinopsseble and our insurance would cover it. However, if we do preventative maintenance to insure that our lines are cleaned, then the insurance company isn't paying any claims. It is best if you contact the Public Works Director.