Getting sticky off furniture

vat, Mar 23, 10:52am
Does anyone know the best way to get the residue from self adhesive labels off solid wood furniture.!

anjouc, Mar 23, 11:28am
I have had success using toothpaste. I apply a little using a wet cloth & cover the sticky with the wet paste let it sit for a few minutes, then rub very lightly applying more paste & water till it comes off. I have also used jif type cleaners on painted & varnished furniture & walls using the same method with good results. Toothpaste is also good on marking pen on painted & varnished furniture. Just remember not to scrub vigourously or you'll damage the surface.

trouty63, Mar 23, 7:17pm
De-Solve It is very good as well, although a little oily. Might need to test it on a spot first.

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 11:06pm
justtakenheaps ofstickersoffa tallboyIsoakedbyplacinga hotdampcloththenscrapedoffTookabitoftimebutgotalloff

ange164, Mar 23, 11:14pm
Is the furniture varnished! if so, using eucalyptus oil will be no worries.

vat, Mar 24, 5:04am
Not sure if varnished or stained, tried meths. oops . has left a bit of a cloudy mark and not removed all of the sticky. just trying to tidy up some furniture for my son's room so doesn't matter too much just don't want to make it worse. thanks for your suggestions folks,

andrew1954, Mar 25, 2:03am
CRC made an aerosol product called "Label Remover" or similar which is exacty the stuff you need.builders etc use it to get all the sticky labels etc off windows, baths etc in a new house build. it has a slightly pleasant orange / citrus smell.

gedc, Mar 25, 2:04am
Hair drier. Warm up sticky residue the roll it off with

thedoth, Apr 28, 1:44pm
Cloudy marks removed with silvo polish rubbed with soft cloth into the spot.

Also removes the sticky stuff on wood too. The sticky stuff is from peoples hands and wrists as they handle the chairs or rest their arms on edge of table. It builds up over time.