Raspberry & Loganberry, Damage or Disease

shemay, Nov 17, 7:07pm
Help, I have recently noticed there is a lot of damage on my raspberry and loganberry bush this year and I am not sure if it has been frosted, if it has a disease or it is being attacked by something that needs sprayed.
There are certain 'canes' which have cluster like bunches of leaves that are very small, variagated and look like they have been stunted somehow.There are also smallish round balls of vegetation that have spikey things coming out of them that have small balls on the ends.
Sorry hard to explain and would load a photo if I knew how to.Any help would be appreciated, as I have never seen this before.

helianthus, Nov 17, 8:44pm
Go to 'my trade me' then 'my photos' and upload a photo (having previously taken one, of course and loaded it onto your computer).

wheelz, Nov 17, 9:23pm
How to Identify Disease in My Raspberry Plants / eHow .com
Look up this web site, it might help.

maclad, Nov 17, 9:43pm
Is it possible that it has come into contact with weedkiller. These sound very like symptoms.

wheelz, Nov 17, 9:49pm
The variegated look I think would be a virus, not weedkiller contact tho.

maclad, Nov 17, 10:49pm
Have you ever seen roses affected by weedkiller, they can get a red and yellow varigated look, particularly carpet roses. with masses of stunted growth, balls! and the other things mentioned. I'm just guessing but sounds a possibility.

shemay, Nov 7, 5:05pm
Thanks everyone, I did some weed spraying a couple of weeks ago on the other side of the fence behind them and with their tendancy to grow everywhere it fits that it could have had contact with it.