How much does a typical gardener cost?

daynaak, Feb 18, 5:19am
So, my partner and i have busy lives and we cant seem to make time to get out in our rather large garden. We are wanting to hire someone to clean up, to be honest quite a mess. The lawns are fine its just beyond the garden borders! How much would a typical gardener be per hour to clear it all out!

aloha3, Feb 18, 5:39am
Student jobs searchhas this type of job advertised

dibble35, Feb 18, 5:50am
I think it all depends where you are, For someone who knows what they are doing, pruning etc,expect a minimum of $20, and anything to $30 an hour I think is reasonable.(more in Auckland). If you just want weeding done and its obvious what are weeds and what are plants, hire a student for minimum wage.

spiritofgonzo, Feb 18, 6:02am
In tauranga, if you hire one of the franchises, expect to pay up to $60 per hour.

daynaak, Feb 18, 6:58am
We are living in Chch. And in one area maybe a few
Mtrs a bush has overgrown a little. And i think the weed (more like tree) which there are several of are about 2mtrs high. Eeep!

dibble35, Feb 18, 7:33am
Have a look on messge boards in supermarket for gardeners, or landscpe supply yards (bulk bark etc) quite often have business cards for gardeners. Remember you'll have to pay if you want the trimmings/weeds etc removed.

tigra, Mar 13, 6:59am
The less you pay the more you need to supervise.