Planting suggestion please

gag5, Nov 16, 11:07pm
Ok, I`m after some planting ideas please. Its a small area - 2mts x 4mts - near the front entrance steps & deck. I have already put in box hedge around 2 sides - (other 2 sides are decking & steps) - & a small dogwood, Rainbow, in the centre. Now need some filler plants for the rest. Not annuals, more permanent. It is north facng so sunny all day. Don`t mind flowering shrubs but needs to be easy care & fast to fill the area.
I had thought of something liek prostrate rosemary or similar. TIA

ruby2shoes, Nov 17, 12:57am
rosemary, (dark green),curry plant, (silver),lemon balm (pale green) .a small hebe maybe!

ro42, Nov 17, 1:00am
lavender, penstemons, daisy bushes - all fill up space, like the sun and don't need much maintenance. Mexican marigold, salvias. Lots to choose from :)

stevee6, Nov 17, 1:01am
Garlic chives would look good. Long strappy leaves most of the year, and in midsummer sends up shoots with beautiful white flowers which last for a couple of months.

spiritofgonzo, Nov 17, 6:36am
carpet roses

gag5, Nov 17, 6:48am
Thanks all - rosemary x 2 are going in, have some lemon balm plants popping up so one of them in the corner closest to deck could be nice. Not fussed on yellow but the penstemon idea could work around the 2 sides against decking, lavender too shortlived & maybe too tall. What are they liek when not flowering! Do they disappear in the winter!

gag5, Nov 17, 6:50am
Mm - thats a lot of garlic chives! Seems to selfseed well tho - in teh vege garden anyway. Want to keep weeding to a minimum too.

gag5, Nov 6, 1:40am
that would have been nice if I hadnt already bought the rosemary! Access really only easy from 2 sides tho so could be awkward for pruning without walking all over the garden.