Concrete driveway? Valuation?

sultana0, Jan 29, 8:33am
How much would a 20 mtr by 3.5/4.0 mtr driveway add to the value of a house in a good area 250k to 350k housing area. Its gonna cost a lot so I was wondering if it was worth doing or just leaving the old knackered one in. Just an idea is all I want, maybe concrete peeps or real estate agents could help. Thanks

pleco, Jan 30, 6:47pm
We spent 10 grand on a driveway a few months ago and it has made no difference to the sale price but I guess it has helped get buyers as we have sold in a week and have others interested.

spiritofgonzo, Jan 30, 7:07pm
I agree with #2.I doubt it will add any value to the property . but will certainly make it more saleable.

jhan, Jan 30, 7:36pm
We were quoted $20,000 for ours, needless to say, its still in very poor condition. I would not expect the expense of it to increase the value of the property. I was thinking of getting a quote from this site.
http://www.naturalpaving.co.nz/waiau---car-grade.html

sultana0, Feb 1, 8:10am
Hell thats alot, were they big drives! the concrete portion will cost about 2k and we have been quoted from between 6 to 7k

sultana0, Feb 1, 8:12am
Ive seen the results of that grid type stuff (re the link), looks good and is OK if you want the rustic or gravel look. Could be good for the batch.

gkgirl, Feb 1, 9:27am
I would have thought it would make a difference!) It made a big difference to me when I bought my place. It probably depends on the place, if it's a bit shy of paint or something a brand new drive might point that out more.

A heads up though - some contractors will make it wider than it was before and rip up all your gardens up and throw them in the skip and get rid of it before you get home. It happened to my neighbour recently with her perfect gardens and collected bulbs she was basically bawling.

murfee, Feb 21, 9:41pm
mydriveway was 82 square metres - concrete was $6.5k - jak mat was $3.2k and it looks really nice!