Passionfruit not ripening

jude2, Feb 23, 3:50am
this is our first year in our new house, it has two great passionfruit vines but the fruit is crinkling while still green and falling off the vine dry inside and no colou, any ideas why please.

wheelz, Feb 23, 4:41am
Is it getting enough water and regular feeding?
If not. Could be your answer.

ira78, Feb 23, 5:29am
Sounds dry, I'm betting you haven't been watering it?

samsnan, Feb 23, 5:51am
And when we say water it we mean (or I mean) a big whole bucket of water every single day in this dry weather. I have also given ,mine a good handful of fertiliser every couple of weeks . It has thanked me for it.

lynken37, Feb 24, 1:51am
Are you sure it is not one of the green variety? Friends have that and I was busy saying that their passionfruit had not ripened, only to be corrected.

jude2, Feb 24, 1:54am
Thanks for your answers better water it more for next year.

lythande1, Feb 24, 2:02am
A bucket? Better to give the vine a long long soak once a week.

rona1, Feb 25, 7:02pm
Get a 2 or 3 litre milk bottle or similar, cut the bottom off then push the top into the ground. Fill the bottle with water regularly and it will drain into the soil around the plant without running everywhere else. I have 2 around most of my special trees and plants and have never had any problems.

leeran, Feb 26, 1:35am
Same thing has happened to my passionfruit OP & I know it was lack of water during those 3 weeks with no rain.

mark_g, May 22, 9:47am
Yip. Same here. Since KCDC - bless them - installed water meters I'm not watering like previous years, the passionfruit vines have been badly neglected, and have the same issue as OP.