Growing Passionfruit

nigndids, Nov 1, 6:33am
About 3 weeks ago we planted a new Passionfruit Vine and it is now looking sick with one of the two main leaves dropping off. A couple of years ago we tried and the thing died fairly quickly. Any ideas on what we are doing wrong please.

lythande1, Nov 1, 5:17pm
How did you prepare the soil? Dug a large area over, added compost etc? They are hungry plants, citrus fertiliser works well with them.
And water. if it's dry, you have to give it a long, thorough soak once a week.

They are susceptible to fungal diseases too, spray with copper/sulpher.

gabbysnana, Nov 1, 6:51pm
from Bunnings? all mine from Bunnings struggled and died. just replaced with warehouse ones and they are lush green and going for it.

mrcat1, Nov 1, 7:07pm
You will find you can only grow passion fruit in the same place for a few years then they will die, you need to spray a lot of copper on them and that affects the soil.

owen106, Nov 2, 7:35am
We refuse to shop at Bunnings as they are Australian owned and trying to force their staff onto "flexible" rosters.

tub4, Nov 2, 8:27am
so if everyone stops shopping there those same staff are without jobs altogether.

owen106, Nov 2, 8:44am
If customers stayed away management would be forced to alter their position to a worker friendly one. There is no reason staff can not have fixed hours.

nigndids, Nov 2, 10:14am
The purpose of this thread was to help with our passionfruit plant not to denigrate Bunnings or Australian Companies.

hammer23, Nov 2, 12:03pm
Agreed,I also wanted to know about passionfruit and suddenly it is a lets hate Bunnings thread. Dah.

tullamore, Aug 11, 5:12pm
I'd suggest spray with copper, similar happened to our's after we bought it, leaves went bumpy, yellowed and fell off. Is now huge and happy, fed with citrus food and mulched ground around as it grows to retain moisture.