Miniature cyclamen

colin433, Dec 16, 12:48pm
I asked a question before on this subject.

Now I want to know if anyone has grown them from seed.

I googled it, and it showed the seeds being sowed without covering, but watering more or less covered them. Then the tray was put in a plastic bag for TWO MONTHS by which time the seedlings had appeared.

What I want to know is, having put the seeds in plastic bag, do you check for growth, or is there enough condensation to keep them moist. Also, where would I store that plastic bag, and should I sow them now, or later in the year.
Sowing now would take them to the Autumn, and Autumn was mentioned in the article. I realise there will be no flowers for this coming year, but i would be interesting to try growing them.
Can anyone tell me if I'd get different colours, I had white, cerise, and a few purpleish colours. I guess they would cross polinate.
TIA

maclad, Dec 16, 5:55pm
If you have them in your garden and let them go to seed they reproduce quite successfully all by themselves.

doree36, Dec 16, 6:31pm
I simply fold the seed heads back into the pot the main corm has grown = do not break them off = no trouble = have at least 20 baby corms to=repot = leave them until they have made little corms of their own = no need to cover them with soil = mother nature at her best! no expense to you the larger cyclamen l are exactly the same to propogate I feed my cyclamen with dried blood ( and water it in well so to prevent burning Happy cyclamen growing and seasons greetings to you all Noni R.

colin433, Jan 27, 10:56am
thanks for the comments, but I have saved the seeds, to do as the demo on the computer showed, but I was asking where to store the plastic bag.

So if I go ahead with the suggestions here, how long does it take for the seedlings to appear if they are obtained by leaving the seedheads on the mother plant. I intend repotting those that I have at the moment, so leaving the seeds to germinate beside the mother plant wouldn't be successful.

Sorry, maybe I should have asked before I started doing it the way the demp showed on the computer.
I guess I'll just have to work on a hit and miss system now